New Horizons Youth Ministry
About New Horizons
All regular meetings take place on Sunday evenings in the Youth Room that is located on the top floor of Oldershaw Hall from 7:30 pm - 9:00pm, unless otherwise noted. Any high school student is welcome to join us! For more information contact Monica J. Sariñana, Youth Minister, email@example.com, 847.864.1185 ext 33.
New Horizons Schedule
- March 3, 2013: NO YOUTH GROUP. We will be at the Annual Vicariate II Youth Leadership Award Dinner (5:30-8:30 pm at White Eagle Banquet)
- March 10: 7:30– 9:00 pm: Small group discussions and open gym (We will all meet in the Youth Room)
- March 15-16: New Horizons Lock-in 8:00 pm-9:00 am: We’re going to have a night full of games, socialize, play in the gym, as well as have the chance to discuss what high school is like. We would like to Welcome all Newly Confirmed 8th graders and celebrate!
- March 17: NO YOUTH GROUP.
- March 24: 7:30– 9:00 pm: Palm Sunday. Small group discussions and open gym.
- March 31: Enjoy Easter with your Family! No Youth Group
Northside Kairos, August 9-12
WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR LEADERS
Northside Kairos retreat is a four-day retreat for teens who have completed their Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year of high school. Kairos retreats are well known throughout the Chicago area. Many Catholic high schools have Kairos retreats on a regular basis. This particular Kairos is unique because of its diversity. The youth who participate in and lead it come from both public and Catholic high schools and many different parishes around the area. This retreat is led by trained peer leaders with appropriate adult leadership from male and female lay ministers. We feel that this creates the best possible environment for a Catholic retreat. Even though a participant need not be Catholic to go on the retreat, this diversity creates a safe environment to grow in understanding of the richness of our Catholic community.
The retreat will be Friday, August 9, through Monday, August 12, at the beautiful Bellarmine Jesuit Retreat center in Barrington. The cost is $200 per person. Scholarships are available and payment plans can be arranged; money should not be a reason to skip the retreat if you are genuinely interested. For more information, contact Monica Sariñana at 847.864.1185 ext. 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on any Youth Group activities or if you have any questions please contact: